Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Yesterday and today were spent at St. Jude. As Brad (my youngest son) & I were eating lunch, a lady and little boy passed by, It was crowded so I asked if she would like to sit with us. She did and Brad asked what was wrong with her son (he always hopes to meet another person with hemophilia). She said he was 2 and had a very rare cancer in his head. Today was his first time at St. Jude. The little boy had been poked and prodded so much that he wasn't friendly but warmed up to us quickly. I gave him Brad's snack pack and Brad offered him a cookie. He said pizza and chicken with a big smile. His Mother drew up morphine in a syringe and he didn't want to take it. I told her what a wonderful place that St. Jude is and told her to pray Matthew 18:19-20 for his healing. I told her that Brad loves St. Jude and especially loves to go to Prom there. She looked into the distance with a tear in her eye and said my son will come to prom here one day too!!!
I felt so lucky to have shared my table with those wonderful people. I don't know his name but God does. Please say a prayer for them tonight and count your blessings if your children are healthy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment