Sunday, September 2, 2012

Headboard from a Room Divider Screen!!


                            This is without pillows. So you get a better idea of what it looks like.
I had a decorative room divider screen that I no longer had room for. My husband naturally thought I was crazy....when I told him what I was going to do. My neighbor is the nicest man ever and goes right along with my ideas. So he cut this screen up for me. I first took the screen apart. Then I left the middle one in one full piece. The two side pieces I had him cut at the part just past the middle. I then flipped the two bottom halves upside down and used on each end. I used screws to connect all of these together. If you look real close the end two may not be perfectly measured up. I am going for that no two are alike look!! I also used a 1x2 board and connected to the end pieces in order to screw it to the bed frame.
Unfortunately, I did not take a before pic of the screen. I am going to put a pic of a similar screen, to give you an idea of what mine looked like.
This one is similar but not exactly. Just wanted to give you an idea. If you have any questions just leave me a comment. I will be glad to answer.

2 comments: