Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Bedding for Baby Bed


My daughter told me while she was pregnant that she wanted me to make her baby bedding. I had a sheet,bumper pad and a baby blanket for my 3 kids. She wanted a bed skirt (dust ruffle) with anywhere from 4 to 6 rows of very full pink ruffles. She also wanted to have the bumper pad covered with a coordinating fabric that she had picked out. I told her that I didn't even like to sew. I was reminded that I had made her pageant dresses and she had won the pageants. I had made everything imaginable ...how could I not like to sew. She would let me off on the quilt because she pitied me after giving me all this work .....I guess. So I moaned and groaned and offered to pay someone to do this. I got the guilt trip of  "Surely you wouldn't want a stranger making your Grandchild's baby bedding?" She knows me too well and the guilt trip always works!!

I start out with my 30+ year old sewing machine and things are going downhill all the way. I tell her this may not happen at all. I finally decided that it was time for me to have a new computerized sewing/embroidery machine. This was a major turning point and I started making ruffles and more ruffles. Before long I had a room full of ruffles and was almost ready. I sewed them on my bottom template and went to her house, sewing machine in hand. We measured sewed, pinned and measured some more. After most of the day had passed we were done. We could barely contain our excitement and pride in our work.

The arrangement above the bed was all my Daughter's work. I didn't do any of the wall hangings. I think she did a great job. She is very talented.

By the way, we made it just in the nick of time. She went into labor that night and my beautiful baby Granddaughter Aniston was born the next morning. After seeing her I would do it all over again. She was worth it all and more!!!

If you would like the instructions to make this please feel free to comment. You can also e-mail me at lanah43@hotmail.com. In the near future I plan on posting them on this page.

No comments:

Post a Comment